Saturday, December 1, 2018

Critical Reflection 1.2

Together with a few of my peers, I had the opportunity to organize the Effective Communication presentation showcase 2018. During this period, we faced a few challenges and among them, time was the most crucial factor we had to manage. With final exams coming around the corner, we had to balance our studies and also make sure that everything went smoothly for the showcase. Hand in hand with the committee, we identified our members’ strengths and weaknesses and allocated our relevant roles accordingly.

We had to coordinate with caterers while managing the budget allocated for this event. Communication skills were vital as we had to cooperate with different departments including technical division and the judges. The event turned out to be a success, owing to the help of everyone involved as we all had carried out our duties and responsibilities well. I enjoyed the time spent being part of the committee as I gained a lot of experience in working as a team to organize an event. These experiences gained will help me in the upcoming years of university and in my future career.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks very much, Randi, for this reflection on your effort organizing the showcase. The 'show' wouldn't have been the same without you. I appreciate your effort with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Randi, it's nice to see your positive takeaways from organizing such an event. Also, I'm grateful to have worked with you for the presentation showcase as well as our project assignment. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete