Monday, September 10, 2018

Reflection in real life...

Going back in time to the days when life was much simpler, I remember being a sharp-tongued girl, who’s blunt delivery was often misinterpreted as being rude or mean. Being quick witted and speaking my mind gave me a hard time as it led to hurting the feelings of those around me even though it was unintentional. Often, my parents advised me to think back on something I said and to make sure that I think twice before saying something the next time, at that age all that skimmed through my mind was confusion, “but why? what is wrong with being honest...why are my friends offended?”. With time, I came to the realization that being honest and direct is not always a wise choice. Now I have practiced to think twice before I say something and depending on the situation, when to call a spade a spade.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, randi, for posting this short open reflection. I appreciate your sharing.

    One word of advice: You may want to change the font. This one is hard to decipher.

    ReplyDelete